Friday, January 1, 2010

Wow! 2010 . . . these are the years of Science Fiction. Growing up in the '70's, there were a lot of stories about the future. I remember teaching 1984 (by George Orwell) when it was 1984. I have a lot of hope for this year -- a lot of things to look forward to -- riding bikes with B, seeing L & R each month, D coming home, new grandbaby, cabin renovation finished, and so much more. Last year was a good year, but a sad year too. I still have trouble dealing with the loss of my mom . . . and then there's Arvil, MaKenzie, and other loved ones and friends. I want to believe this is a hopeful New Year!

Currently reading:
In the Heart of the Sea by Nathanial Philbrick

My December reading list:
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver
Half-Broke Horses by Jeanette Walls
Viola In Reel Life by Adriana Trigiani
Justinian's Flea by William Rosen
Ghengis Khan and The Making of the Modern World by Jack Weatherford

Want to read again soon:
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
The Life of Our Lord by Charles Dickens
Travels With Charly by John Steinbeck
The Glass House by Jeanette Walls

3 comments:

  1. I love you, and am grateful for all those people we've had in our lives. I feel that I'm better for knowing them. I miss Grandma too.

    Wow, you're on a roll with your books. Any you'd highly recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Half-Broke Horses, but I think you should read The Glass House first. I also liked The Help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey. cute blog. sounds like it has been an eventful year. i love the reading recommendations. i will have to write them down for when i have a break from school reading.

    ReplyDelete