Saturday, January 30, 2010

Home

I'm home from a quick trip up north to help L &R with the moving. I got a ride 3/4 way with a friend and then L picked me up for the rest of the trip. We boxed up the kitchen, the bathroom, etc., moved all the sports equipment, put together shelving for storage, and helped with tiling the bathroom floor (helped decide on color and handed the numbered tile to R). We got a lot done in two days. Their friends, E & G, came to help on Friday. I had to return home -- what an adventure -- one shuttle to downtown, some library time, another shuttle 1 hour late, an unexpected shuttle out to the airport, yet another shuttle heading south, and finally meeting up with a friend heading home! Good friends are wonderful! Then it was out to dinner (old mother hubbards' cupboard was bare) and now some quiet computer time. I had a lot of fun helping (sorry no pictures) and loved spending time with my sweet girl, her sweet husband, and my new sweet grand-dog (who I think has fallen in love with Grandma).

I am in the middle of reading The Brothers Karamazov (by Fyodor Dostoyevsky) at home, but am also doing a re-read of The Remains of the Day (by Kazuo Ishiguro) -- love this book. I tried reading The Book Thief but didn't particularly like it. The other books I read this month are How to Win Friends and Influence People, and Murder on Astor Place. Some cool news is an article I wrote was published in the New Mexico Genealogical Society Journal -- it was on the Varela/Mondragon family and included pictures of my great-grandparents, my grandparents, and my parents. It was the first time I included pictures in an article.

1 comment:

  1. You moved mountains in our house. Thank goodness you came to visit. I promise we won't make you work at all next time you come up ;)

    I LOVED the pictures, it's always so neat to see them. I'm fascinated by old photos.

    ReplyDelete