Thursday, January 14, 2010

This week we went up north to visit L & R. It was very very cold. Even the dogs thought it was too cold to go outside! We had a lot of fun and got to see their new home improvements and even got to help with a few items. They are doing a great job and it looks great. I read The Glass House by Jeannette Walls and started on To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. In 9th Grade Honors English, we were assigned to read To Kill A Mockingbird during the year. Not only did I find the book amazing, but the words really spoke to me. Mrs. C taught me how to write an essay that year -- a skill that helped me make through high school and college.

Although we were sad to leave our sweet L waving at the window, we were glad to be home after driving through the snow storms. This morning, our walk up the Hill confirmed our desire to live in the desert.

2 comments:

  1. We LOVE having you here. I too love living in the desert--but I go where he goes :) Words can't express how grateful we are to you and your kindness.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as your heart is with your husband, you will always be home. That is what I know to be true.

    ReplyDelete