Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Month = New Books

Remember when I said I got a "bag-o-books?"
Well, the reading has been happening and so far, so good.
Last two that I read:
Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry
(again to get ready for Book Club)
and
The Known World by Edward P. Jones
(not quite finished but enjoying it thus far)

Others on the List:
The Furies by John Jakes (no)
Ship Fever by Andrea Barrett (okay)
Hope is the Thing With Feathers by Christopher Cokinos (educational)
The Billionaire's Vinegar by Benjamin Wallace (interesting)

I have been trying to "get back in shape."
It seems to be my never-ending quest.

I will do really well by walking the dogs everyday and riding my bike three times a week and then ride in a 50-miler or go on a big ride with Bob and then . . .

nothing for a few weeks.

I did walk the dogs up north but it wasn't quite the same as going up The Hill.

I started back on The Hill
(Webb Hill for those who might not know its more benevolent name)
this week.
It is hard especially because it is almost 100 degrees by 8:00 am.
Tried getting up earlier but not doing so well on that.

Buddy and Buster have been good companions
as my other walking partner is out of town.
I had to carry Buster part of the way today because he was hot.

There was a high school cross-country team working out on The Hill,
by running up to the gate and back 4 or 6 times.
And did I say running?
Ya, they quickly passed by me.

I did continue past them at the gate, and headed to the top
where I have started doing
some mild (emphasis on mild)
weight lifting:
sit-ups,
and various arm lifts
to work the bicep, tricep, and shoulders using rocks as weights.

It also gives Bud and Bus some time to rest in the shade.

I've worked on laundry, weeding, fertilizing, spraying weeds,
more laundry, visiting, writing,
transcribing, grocery shopping, cleaning,
quilting, more quilting, and reading.
It has been a nice week of getting things done.

I've done some swimming too. Will probably do it again today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment