Thursday, June 9, 2011

What I've Been Reading This Week

I received a Kindle for my Birthday and thought I'd better fire up the device and get reading. I decided to start with the free offerings from Amazon and as a result have read some great books. My first purchase was South Sea Tales by Jack London.

I also read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson (real book, not on Kindle). It took me a couple of tries but I finally got into it. It was an interesting read and you should be warned that there is some disturbing material in it, but I did find it intriguing and wanted to know the answers along with the main characters.

Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen, is now out as a movie. I had seen the book a few times at Costco and considered purchasing it. However, it became an accidental purchase on the Kindle when I pushed a button too many times. It was a good read although I didn't care for the sexual content. It is a story about love and the circus.

Two of my favorite reads lately are by the same author: Sandra Dallas. Prayers for Sale and The Persian Pickle Club are books that I would highly recommend for summer reading or for a Book Club. I can't wait to read them again, and again. My research job for the summer will be to find the quilt patterns for those mentioned in the books.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you've like the Kindle. I was a little worried because I know how much you like your paper and booksmell.

    ReplyDelete