Sunday, February 13, 2011

Quilt Pictures

I'm not sure if I have written about these or not . . . so if I have, gently remind me and I will just chalk it up to my getting older.

These are not all of the quilts but I wanted to start a Quilt Journal to document what I have made and so I can get ideas for future quilts.

Wool Re-Work for Randy and Irene Lytle

This was a quilt, made by Randy's grandmother about 1920, that had been unfortunately ruined from inappropriate use (someone wrapped a deer in it) and had blood stains as well as moth holes. Using the best looking squares, I repaired and trimmed them. I sewed the blocks together and re-attached the circles. With the left-over squares, I fashioned a border. Using a wool backing under the top, the top was attached to a felt backing. It obviously is not as large as the original but it did make a lovely wall-hanging.


This is a quilt Lindsay and I made for her friend, Sienna. We used a charm pack and added borders, binding, and backing. It was hand-quilted.


This is one of my favorites. It was made with a jelly-roll using black and white fabrics with a splash of green. The squares were made from various cut lengths from the jelly-roll. The borders are actually a cheater fabric. The backing and border is the same green as the corner pieces. It was made for my daughter, Lindsay Denter, in celebration of her 25th birthday.


This is a table topper that was made from leftover squares from a larger quilt. It is one of my favorite blocks to make. It was made for Lindsay's friend, Emily, and it was hand-quilted.






3 comments: