Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happiness

Now isn't that happiness.

This is more happiness!

It was love at first sight.

L always talks about how sexy it is for her man to hold their baby. I will have to agree, except this time it is my man holding our new darling grandbaby.

We went to the cabin for a week. It was a very lovely week. On one of the days, Bob rode his bike from the cabin to Kamas and then back again (about 90+ miles) Wow! what a guy. The same day, I drove to 3 different states: Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho. Lin and I drove to Bear Lake to meet with one of her friends, and while she was visiting, I took the dogs on a little drive. I had heard Idaho wasn't too far away so we drove to the border to see what we could see. I was very proud of the three dogs. It was a lot of time in the car and they were very well behaved. Except for when Buster ate the leftover Twix bar.

We had some of Randy's co-workers over for dinner and I made lasagna with whole wheat pasta. It was pretty good. Yummo.

We have some furniture now: a real bed and a comfy couch. Yeah for furniture. Yeah for RC Willey and their determination to deliver. They couldn't quite find the place but didn't give up all day.

Not much in the way of reading; I'm still working on the book about Alexandria. I plan to read The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver again. Also I am going to do The Help by Kathryn Stockett for a book club in November so I will need to read it again. The next book on the list is The Botany of Desire: A Plant's-Eye View of the World by Michael Pollan. I've read it once before and I know I will enjoy it again.

"To read a book for the first time
is to make an acquaintance with a new friend;
to read it for a second time is to meet an old one."

2 comments:

  1. i love your posts.

    i'm so glad you were able to spend a week with us. we're so lucky to have you.

    you didn't talk about the book you read with all the dirty words in it. lol. p.s. i gave it back to the library

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE those first smiles! Such a cutie!

    I just read The Help this last week. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete