Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fun In The Fort


My next door neighbor friends (age 9)
have made use of a little hole in the shrubbery in our yard.
We had one of the shrubs died and so, I pulled out the remains.
The shrubbery on each side filled in through the front,
but in the back, there is a nice little hole and it is the perfect hiding place.
They call it The Fort.

Yesterday, they took Little D in there and he loved it
so today, he wanted to play some more.
I fit in The Fort but preferred sitting on the wall
or even better, on a blanket on the grass out in the open!
We had fun playing
Chase The Ball,
Kick The Ball,
Roll The Ball,
Throw Rocks in The Rock Garden,
Find Rocks in the Grass to Throw in the Rock Garden,
and Roll In the Grass.
What a fun day with a fun fellow!

I also had fun with his Uncle D,
his Mom Linds,
and his Grandpa.

I had a fun evening with our next door neighbors, D & C,
and a surprise visit with my sis and her co-worker.

It is now 1:20 AM.
Can't go to sleep. Not sure why.
Could be the two Diet Cokes I had with dinner. :(

Today would have been my Mom's 82nd Birthday.
I miss you, Mom, and have wonderful memories to keep you always in my heart.

I found her family in the 1940 census. She was 9 years old at the time.
I also found my Dad's family. He was 19 years old.
The 1940 census became available online 5 days ago.
It took me an hour or so of looking
but it wasn't too hard and well worth it to see their pages.

Maybe now I can go to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. HI...Little D is so cute. He must of had a great time with you today. Being a Grandma has been the best for me. I love these little ones so much.

    I miss Mom too...we are so blessed to have such a wonderful woman to be our mother. There are certainly lots of memories of her. For that I am grateful. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is my new favorite picture of you two!

    Happy birthday to Grandma! She was a wonderful example to me and I love her so dearly.

    ReplyDelete