Monday, February 27, 2012

I finished reading The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien last night about 3 a.m. I thought it would be good to read it in preparation for the movie that comes out in December of this year. It will be a two-parter so we have something to look forward to in 2013. The reason I was up so late was because the dogs needed to go outside to potty. I drowsed for a while hoping they would go back to sleep but they kept jumping off the bed and then Buddy started whining. That usually means "I have to go and I have to go NOW" so it meant down the stairs and out the door. It was just long enough to wake me up for a while. I had just a few more chapters to go so I finished. It is always a great read and I forget little parts here and there, so it is a good refresher. I am sure the movie will be wonderful

I've been helping a friend with her new business and last night received the title of Senior Editor and Technical Writer. Apparently, I am even going to get business cards! Well, I'm not working that hard to deserve those but it has been an interesting journey learning how to edit and draw and create on the computer. My job has been to do the pattern inserts (also known as the pattern instructions) complete with illustrations. Some of the drawing has been done the old fashioned way by hand, but most has been done by computer. I've learned a lot and it has been a lot of fun seeing the creativity put in to the business. Here is a link to their website: mylazydaisy.com

We've been sick at our house = lots of naps. I can't seem to get through the day without a nap, and oftentimes, they are too long during the peak of the day. But I'm so tired that it doesn't really matter because I can't do much else. I am trying to do some spring cleaning but it is a slow go as a result of the nappage. Oh, well.

1 comment:

  1. The Hobbit is going on my list for the summer.
    Bummer about the dogs keeping you up.
    You totally deserve business cards. I want one :)

    ReplyDelete