Friday, September 2, 2011

Some Quilts

L sent me some pictures of quilts to add to my Quilt Diary.
The pictures reminded me of the fun I had making them and the fun she's had in having them.


T-Shirt Quilt from high school t-shirts, and bike jerseys. I think they were 5 inch squares with a few double sized blocks. The backing is flannel. M. Bundy machine-quilted it. This quilt was made for Christmas 2007.



This quilt definitely made me smile. It was actually "made" twice. The first time was when L was a senior in high-school circa 2003. After all these years of loving it to death, the backing was pilling and dingy. I unstitched the yarn ties and restitched the seams for reinforcement. T. Robertson machine-quilted it using a light blue minkee backing. It was also bound in minkee. It was completed in 2010.



The 3rd quilt is a Levi & Flannel that I made for R prior to his mission in 2004. I used extra thick batting so it is really lofty. It has a blue plaid backing and was tied with yarn. I still have a large supply of Levi's and should probably get making some more. They make terrific car quilts.


1 comment:

  1. I blogged about these too. I think you've got so much talent. Thanks for always being so great to our family. We haven't even included all of the adorable quilts you've made for Donovan.

    ReplyDelete