Tuesday, May 18, 2010

One More Week/Three More Weeks

We have one more week until D.O. comes home. ONE MORE WEEK! I can hardly believe it! It has been a frenzy at our house with cleaning, and getting things ready and just thinking about him coming home. Did I miss the boy? You bet I did, but I was also very glad to have him gone for two years serving the Lord on a mission. I know he will be all the better for it and I'm grateful for the individual growth I've experienced myself. There have been some difficult times here at home but he had to face those same difficult times on his own. Our boy left two years ago and I know when he comes back, he'll be a man. Just with the same goofy sense of humor.


AND THEN in THREE WEEKS! L and R will have their first baby, and our first grandbaby. We've been lucky to have her here with us while R is up somewhere in the middle of Wyoming working for the Forest Service (and he's loving it by the way!). We travel between our home and their home periodically for doctor visits and then back again to work on things for the above-mentioned homecoming. They eventually plan to be together -- all three together -- at the cabin. R gets to be a ranger (complete with uniform) around the cabin area (LUCKY!). I just had to take a picture of L in her tie-dye. When she walked in the kitchen, I said, "Wow!" She is beautiful.

Can't wait to get up in the woods to the cabin. So many things to look forward to. I am happy for today, for this moment, to enjoy the happiness right now. Although looking forward is always a good things, my Mom told me to enjoy the here and now. Here and Now is looking pretty good and it is with a grateful heart that I thank Heavenly Father for the bounty in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm all about here and now. I'm having a blast! These next few weeks will be here before we know it. Love you more than tiger's blood snow cone.

    ReplyDelete