Friday, April 23, 2010

The countdown is on

I'm trying to not get overexcited or start some kind of countdown, but . . . we have received official word that Elder D.O. is coming home 25 May 2010 at 11:08 AM! Okay, I'm overexcited and am really looking forward to seeing him. I'll try not to cry but prolly (to borrow one of D's words) will. I'll probably hug him until he's blue in the face. The time has really flown by and there is a flood of wonderful memories.

one year
sixth grade choir

D, Mom, and Grandma
Sacking the Quarterback

Dunking the Ball
Going on a mission!

The past two years have been full of joy, of sorrow, of fun, and full of life. So many things will be coming in the next few months: D coming home and L & R having their first baby -- our first grandbaby.

L & R (photo borrowed from L's blog)


There is a lot of excitement coming. Truly my cup runneth over. . .

Books. As far as books go, it is a bit of dry spell. I've read all of the Book Club (both of them) books, and I've re-read most of my favorites. Nothing new in way of summer reading. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely have a countdown! I can't wait to see brother. I feel like I've gotten to know him on a new level these past two years. I can't wait to get one of those my-face-only-comes-up-to-his-belly-button-hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though it seems like you are just across the room typing on your own laptop, I feel compelled to write a comment on your blog. Maybe that's because you did compel me.

    I'm excited for D's homecoming and L&R's baby, too. Exciting times.

    ReplyDelete